Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm baking!


Once you get to know me, you will realize I don't like to sit around doing nothing. I know, I know, while the kids are at school I should be resting up for work tonight BUT....I can't help myself...I have got to bake! Even though it's hot already in my kitchen, why not have the oven on and bake up a loaf of the best banana bread, EVER...and I mean, EVER. It's easy and fool proof! To make it even better, I add chocolate. I mean, why wouldn't I??? Chocolate just makes everything better.

Anyway, this will make my hubby's day a little bit brighter I think.

Here's the recipe if you would like to brighten someone's day...especially your own! Enjoy!

Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Level: Easy
Yield: 1 Loaf

Banana Bread
1 cup of granulated sugar
8 Tbsp (1/2cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (but whose measuring)


Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Grease and flour a loaf pan.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.

In a small bowl, mash bananas with cinnamon and milk.

In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Add banana mixture to creamed butter and sugar mixture.

Use a spatula and stir flour mixture and chocolate chips (if using) only until combined. Don't over mix.

Bake in prepared pan for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan, invert on a rack and cool completely before slicing.

Slather with butter if you wish, but not necessary. It's yummy on it's own!

Thank you Food Network for this recipe....it's a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment