Monday, June 28, 2010

Wake Up to Sunshine (in your kitchen)



Okay, so this morning I woke up way too early considering this was my morning to sleep in.   I took one look outside, saw the drizzle, and thought.....blueberry muffins.  I know, I am weird that way!

Anyway, these muffins are truly amazing and super easy.  Oh, and they usually don't last long.  Around my house anyway.

I wish I could give credit to who came up with this recipe, but I just don't know where I got it.  It's one of my staples though, so thank you whoever you are!

The Best Blueberry Muffins - Ever!!!


6 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Topping

2 TBSP butter
1/2 cup flour
2 TBSP  granulated sugar


Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin pan with cooking spray

Whisk melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla in a small bowl.

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and nutmeg. (I sometimes add a touch of lemon zest)

Add in milk mixture and stir until just combined.

Fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.

Blend all three topping ingredients with fingers to make a crumbly topping and sprinkle evenly over batter.

Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.

If they last long enough I will be taking these to work tonight for Francis' birthday.  Shhh!  Don't tell him.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment