Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Well the weeks go by and before we know it, it's the last week of school.    My baby will be graduating Kindergarten this week and my big boy will be graduating Grade 4.   I can't believe it!  Lots of fun activities planned at school this week, beginning with a concert to celebrate Summer this afternoon, courtesy of Mr. Ciaran.   He's been practicing the songs which we hear little snipets from time to time.    The best part is, I finally have a decent camera which will enable me to capture the memories well!  I will be sure to post a photo or two.

Moving on to something yummy!

I had recently watched an episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay (one of my faves).  It was a chocolate chip cookie throwdown.   The cookies in the show were 6 oz each.   Bobby didn't win against these babies.  These cookies give a whole new meaning to Monster cookies!

Here's the photo of mine and the recipe, which I found on the Vanilla Sugar blog.....they are awesome, you need to go to your kitchen right now and make them.



Levin Bakery (NYC) Chocolate Chip Cookie Clone

2 sticks unsalted butter, cold**** might be European style, not sure.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour (13 ½ oz)
3/4 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces (2 cups) good quality semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)

If using dough right away, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (It’s best to chill, though)

In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars just until creamy. Don’t overbeat. Add the egg and vanilla and beat just until incorporated.

Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. When thoroughly mixed, add to batter and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Divide dough into 12 big 4 oz lumps. Bake on ungreased cookies sheets (one sheet at a time). (I chilled my dough balls BEFORE baking)

Bake times:

Put the cookies in a 375 degree oven and set timer for 8 minutes. When timer rings, without opening oven or removing cookies, reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until cookies appear set.

Otherwise, you can bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until done. (Mine did 24 minutes, but I have a convection oven)

Makes 12 (mine made 14) 



P.S   I wrapped 4 of the cookies in a bag and did a cookie raffle at work.  I raised $36 for Breast Cancer....worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment