Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu - Week 1

As promised, here is the menu for Week 1.

It may not end up being as simple as I thought last week.  Today I went to Sobey's and for the first time I found fresh whole Mackerel.

So, I had no choice but to buy it.  It cost $5 for 2 fish.  They are small, and you may need one per adult.

I realize Mackerel is not a staple in most of our kitchens, and I may never cook it again, but I have to try it once!

So, it's going on the grill tonight, along with some olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and fresh thyme.

So my trip to Sobey's cost $84.

It included the fish for tonight, and a pork loin roast for Thursday night, and a couple of lunch items.

Anyway, here's the menu for this week.

Monday


Grilled Mackerel, rice, asparagus

Tuesday

Roast chicken, artisan lettuce salad

Wednesday

Spaghetti Bolognese with The Bread

Thursday

Pork Loin Roast,  potatoes, carrots

Friday

Homemade pizza  (dough made in bread maker)

No cookbooks for any of the above (except The Bread, it's from The Pioneer Woman).

Oh for dessert,  I did make a batch of mini Orange muffins with a brown sugar orange glaze that are truly wonderful.

The Pioneer Woman again!  Do you get the feeling I love her???

I will post photos and the recipe for them later because they would be perfect for Christmas and can be the first of my 12, Christmas Cookie/Cake/Cupcake Countdown recipes.

I am in the process of freezing a batch and will let you know how they turn out before I recommend them.

Wish me luck with the Mackerel!

No comments:

Post a Comment