Thursday, October 14, 2010

So Tuesday, as promised,  I made roast chicken thighs and served it with artisan lettuces and grilled mushrooms.

I cheated a little with this one, because I had this chicken in my freezer, so it wasn't part of my shopping list for last week.

I drizzled the chicken thighs with olive oil and lots of salt for tasty, crispy skin, and placed them in a roasting pan.

I set the timer to roast the chicken for 40 minutes at 425 degrees

until,

I almost set fire to my kitchen.

Yes, keeping it real here folks, I almost had a fire.

After all, I am all about sharing, the good, the bad and the ugly of everyday life!

The grease from the chicken was splashing all over inside my oven and I already had something burning on the bottom of the oven from pizza last week (I think), apparently.

Anyway, lets just say this was almost smoked chicken.

I got it out just in time, after about 20 minutes and finished it off on my handy grill.

I removed the chicken after about 7-10 minutes or so,  and grilled the mushrooms in the remaining chicken juices.

For the bed of artisan lettuces.

I found them originally at Costco, but lately at Sobey's.

They are sold in a plastic container and there are 4 little heads of lettuce inside.

Each one different.

One purple, one curly, one crunchy, and one soft.  

Wish I could tell you the names of each lettuce.   Next time I promise.

Wash and chop, and lay on a plate as a tasty colourful little bed for your mushrooms and chicken.

Drizzle with your favourite dressing.

I used Fig Balsamic dressing by Kraft.

Kid approved, they loved it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment