Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Saturday and my big boys have gone skating on the canal.

For those of you that don't know, we live in Ottawa, home of the world's largest skating rink, The Rideau Canal.

Ottawa is also famous for the "Beaver Tail".

Not the Whale Tail, that's probably a whole other city!

The Beaver Tail!!!

What is a Beaver Tail you ask.

It's like a huge, flat doughnut that resembles the shape of a beaver tail.

It's a flattened piece of dough that is fried and then topped with all things wonderful, like cinnamon and sugar or nutella.

It's a "must" for anyone visiting Ottawa.

Since I am house bound with my sick little lamb, I feel the need to bake or make something.

Anything to avoid having to clean the house or do laundry!

My little lamb is heartbroken that he can't go skating, but I know, really it all about the Beaver Tail.

So, I have decided to make him a Beaver Tail (or 10),  right here at home.

A whole batch just for him.

They are sure to make him feel better!

I will be sure to post photos and recipe later today.

Warning:  this will not be a Weight Watchers recipe!

Here I go, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. ummm, I can almost smell it over here :)
    I hope your little man gets well soon!! I know it is not fun to stay home while the other ones are going outside. We will be doing the same thing and I bet Patrik won't be happy about it at all.
    Ivo went skating to Ottawa the first winter we were in ON, I was sick so I missed that trip.
    Thinking of you, my friend! Will send you an email soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete