Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good morning Cupcakes!  Well what a week it's been.    We've had school, hockey, doctors, dentist, homework, work work, very little sleep.  Which I am sure all of you busy moms out there can relate to weeks like this.  We also said goodbye to hubby as he begins his tour,  but said hello to Nana!

My mom arrived last night to lend a hand for the next few weeks.   Thank goodness for some girl time.  This also means the diet begins, as well as the training for our 3 Day walk!  I am excited to get back on track with the diet and looking forward to hitting the pavement (hopefully feet first).

So no matter how busy, and how crazy my week is...I just have to bake.  It transports me to another world,  the land of butter and sugar!   (So much for the diet)  I just can't help myself though.  It truly is therapy for me.   One of my favorite websites, Bakerella had a recipe for Blondies, aka Congo Bars.  So here's my version.





Blondes Really Do Have More Fun!

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 lb light brown sugar (okay, that sounds like a lot....but really it only 2 1/3 cups...and remember this is therapy....it's all about making you feel good!)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (but remember I don't measure chocolate....I am a rebel that way!)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional if you want to make them school friendly)

I mixed everything by hand because it supposedly makes the texture better, if using a mixer, just don't over mix when adding the flour.

Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  Set aside
Stir brown sugar into softened butter in another large bowl until butter disappears.
Add eggs one at a time and stir well after each egg.
Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.  Mix well.
Add flour mixture and stir until well combined.

Spray a 13x9 pan with non-stick spray and spread batter evenly into pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Don't over bake.

Cool completely in pan before cutting into 2x2 squares.

Be a rebel too and enjoy with your morning coffee.  It's a great way to start your day!


Tomorrow, Lobster 101!

Enjoy this gorgeous sunny Sunday people!

No comments:

Post a Comment