Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Advent Calendar


So my Advent Calendar this year will consist of these homemade envelopes made out of patterned Christmas paper, filled with tiny little hand drawn framed cards (tutorial available at aliedwards.com, plus there's a link for the download)

I downloaded the link at Designer Digitals, printed the cards on photo paper, glued patterned paper onto the back of the sheet of cards, and punched each frame with a 2.5" square punch.

Then taking a black Slick Writer pen, I wrote little tasks for my boys to enjoy.

They will be planting paperwhites, shopping for real mistletoe, making cards for their teachers, and decorating a gingerbread house.

One little task for each day in December.

I will be hanging the envelopes from ribbon and stringing them across my mantel.

I think the boys are going to love this.

I have to remember to check the calendar and number the cards in such way that the tasks won't interfere with other activities we have going on.

These little cards will be great to add to, and provide a little story for my next project, the December Daily album.  

Thanks again to Ali Edwards for the inspiration.

Check out Ali's album....the foundation is already for her photos and stories.  

I provided a link at the top of my page (little blue square).  The photo didn't load properly, however if you click on it, it will take you to Ali's December Daily link.

Even though December is a busy month, the album comes together quickly, but the key to it's success is to have the foundation pages made in advance.  

Then when the time comes you just have to insert your photos and stories.

Great ideas for the album include:  photos, shopping lists, letters to Santa, artwork, a collage of Christmas cards, program from Christmas concert,  Christmas music playlist,  recipes, everyday stories and traditions.

I made my first album last year and it's great to look back, however I have learned so much this year, and Santa brought me a new camera last year!

So that I am expecting this year's album to be much bigger and better and I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment