Friday, February 4, 2011

You will have to excuse me.  I have been suffering from a major case of writers block.

I feel that days go by so fast, with little time to sit and write.

Today,  it was my number one priority to sit and see what words spilled out.

I decided to share with you a couple of things that I am really loving right now.

The first one is my Sony eReader http://sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=100803&storeId=20153&langId=200&productId=8198552921666257815  

This is what Santa brought me for Christmas, I am such a lucky girl, sometimes!

I have all of a sudden I have become a bookworm.

The dangerous thing about this little beauty is that you don't even have to leave your house.  You want a new book, you just download one.

It's very dangerous....be warned.

I suppose the downside is, that I am missing out on one of my favorite things to do, and that is wander around Chapters.

Suppose I could still do that, after all, there's still plenty of cookbooks to be had (wouldn't want those on the eReader).

The second thing is, after having the flu last week (keep reading, that's not the thing I love) I am totally "off" coffee.

It's not that coffee made me sick in the first place, it's just usually that's the first sign that I am not well.

I love my coffee....I would marry Starbucks if I could.....if I wasn't all ready spoken for that is....

But lately, my love for coffee has fallen by the wayside.

Instead, it's all about tea.

I found this great tasting tea at Winners.

It's Saffron Tea by Taja Tea.

Saffron Tea with Mango actually, and it's tastes really good.

Here's a link so you can see what it looks like.   http://steepster.com/teas/taja-tea/12142-saffron-fusion-tea

Okay so here's the part that I get all preachy, but for the record, I am not a doctor or nutritionist (shocking, I know).

I am simply passing on what I have come to learn from doing a little surfing the web, oh and reading the box it came in.

Saffron is an all natural ancient herbal remedy and the most expensive spice in the world.

Saffron offers a variety of health benefits and has been used in ancient medicine over four millennia.

Saffron can be used for:

Antioxidant
Anti-depressant and relaxant
Promotes happiness
Better mood
Treat acne and skin diseases
Anti cancer and tumor agent
Curing respiratory problems such as asthma
Reduce inflammation
PMS
Insomnia
Stimulate circulation
Reduce cholesterol
Aphrodisiac for Impotency

DO NOT USE WHILE PREGNANT or nursing.

As I said before, I am not a doctor, so as like anything else, use at your own risk.


Maybe in a year from now I will start grow an extra arm or leg from all this Saffron Tea that I am drinking.

Who knows,  but for now I am enjoying it's great taste and soothing quality.


Now, if you will excuse me it's back to my couch and my book.

I am just starting The Pioneer Woman's book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels"

If you don't know who The Pioneer Woman is, you should check out her blog.  Her link is just over there to the right, on my blog.

She's fabulous.  Great giveaways, great recipes, funny stories.  Just wonderful!!  I love P-Dub!!!

One other note:  Gabi.....can you hurry up and get moved in already....I am missing you!!!  Hope it's all going well!!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I missed you too, my friend! I'm glad we are back in touch with the rest of the world again :)
    Sorry to hear that you had to go through flu. Hope you feel well now.
    I plan to give up (or at least decrease my 2 cups of coffee for 1) that oh so yummy and nice smelling drink as well. But it's Ivo's fault, I drank only 1 cup and he made me addicted to 2, lol. I'm a huge tea lover as well, I might to check out Winners if they have the one you are talking about.
    And yay for reading, I'm a huge reader as well. I wanted to get that new book from PW too, I have hers cookbook and I love it! Oh my, I think I need to find a sponsor soon...

    Wishing you a great (if possible not freezing cold) weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete