Sunday, February 6, 2011

So, I am back on the coffee band wagon.

I blame my husband.

He keeps walking by me with a Starbucks and I just can no longer resist.  

That sweet aroma drove me to the breaking point.   From the coffee, not hubby!

The good news is, I can only handle one cup vs. the 4-5 that I was used to.

So tea is still my friend.

One other note, I joined Weight Watchers, again.  I think this will be my 5th time over the course of  20 years.

This time I am doing it online and it's awesome.

They have a new program which allows you to eat way more than before and still lose weight.

One week in and I am down 4lbs. and really not minding the program at all.

My battle with the bulge has always been just that....a battle.

I always have that extra 10lbs just hanging around causing me grief.

Anyway, a couple of summers ago my mom introduced me to a great diet program, which we followed and I lost 34lbs.  My mom did great too!

I felt so amazing.  I could have conquered the world.  

It still amazes me how I have always allowed my weight to restrict me.  It's prevented me from living my life.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't because of physical restrictions, but rather, mental restrictions.  

I had no confidence.

Losing the weight gave me a sense of freedom and the ability to do anything I wanted to do.

Silly really that we, as woman or society in general,  place these types of restrictions upon ourselves, based on how we look.

Obviously, back then I had more that just the 10lbs to lose.

I was still carrying baby weight.

Well that's what I told everyone anyway, even though my baby was 4.

Long story short I kept most of the weight off for almost 2 years.   Slowly, it crept back on....ever so slowly my jeans got tighter and my muffin tops got bigger.

I blame this on being home and not working, baking, cooking, Christmas and lots of chocolate.

After complaining so much that my clothes were too tight, I had to go shopping.

At the mall, I wondered around and hated every minute.  

It was so frustrating.  

I went in there with a size 6-8 mentality, only to find my a size 10-12 reality.

Where?  How?

What the $#@%????

Not a happy experience for me, but it was the kick in the big butt that I needed.

So my friends, this brings me to today.

Weight Watchers is my new reality, but it's not so bad.

It's actually, quite painless!

4 down, 10 to go!!!

Size 8 here I come!!!

Again!!!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Carla!!
    You crack me up with your coffee adventure. I told Ivo I'm going to switch to only 1 cup a day (instead of two) and yesterday I had 2 again. But not today!! :)
    Will send you email later today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete