Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Beauty Faves

During the summer months I tend to go light on the makeup.  Well I go light on the makeup all year round really.  In the summer though I prefer quick simple makeup tricks that look like I have spent a lot of time and also take a few years off. 
I have found a few products lately to be my favorites.

My absolute favorite product is by Juice Beauty and it's their CC cream in Natural Glow.   It is a 12 in 1 beauty product.  It claims to repair damage, even tone, reduces fine lines, create radiance and and lots more and has SPF 30.  I love this!  I use it all over my face and I do feel radiant they were right!

Then I lightly dust MakeUp Forever's  HD High Definition Power, just over my nose, eyelids and forehead.

Next is Nars blush.  Love Nars products.  Love!   The Nars blush I currently use is Deep Throat, but I also use Orgasm.  Wouldn't be my first choice in names, but hey, works for them!

I use inexpensive eye pencils from the drugstore.  I find if my lids are primed well the pencils stay in place.  I am currently using Annabelle Kohl pencil #156 Rhone. 

Eyebrow...I have never paid any attention to my eyebrows before.  Now that I do, I realize what a mistake that was all those years.  It is true what they say, that eyebrows really do frame your face.

My issue too is in the summer my hair, including eyebrows go very blonde.  So I have found a great pencil just to enhance them a little.   It is also by Annabelle #010 taupe.  I find it is a great blonde and I don't end up looking like Groucho Marx!

Nars lipgloss has to be my secret obsession.  Love love love.  I can't rave about it enough.  My favorite for the summer is always Greek Holiday.  Its light, with a bit of gold, it's shimmery, sparkly and yummy and full of gorgeousness! 

As for eyelashes, I have short little stubby ones so I am always looking.  I think I have tried them all from Dior to Covergirl.  Right now, Covergirl wins with their Lashblast Volume mascara.  

Seriously considering lash extensions but since they only last 2-4 weeks I am not sure I can justify the cost.  Knowing I will soon become addicted!

Last but not least, High Beam by Benefit.  This is a wonderful highlighter.  Just brush on cheeks and brow bones and be prepared to be tranformed.  They call it 'Supermodel in a bottle'.  I would agree with this statement.  You certainly end up a radiant, dewy glow.

I will post links for all products later, but for now I must run.  My son needs to show me how great his Pokemon is doing. 

Being a mom can be so hard!

Have a great day lovelies!

As promised, here are the links for my beauty "hits", as of today anyway.  ;-)

http://www.murale.ca/1447-NARS_Lip-Gloss.aspx
www.murale.ca/9504-Juice-Beauty_Stem-Cellular-Repair-CC-Cream.aspx
www.murale.ca/5249-Nars_NARS-Blush.aspx
www.murale.ca/5732-Benefit-Cosmetics_high-beam.aspx
www.sephora.com/hd-microfinish-powder-P210400?skuId=1510247
www.covergirl.com/eye-makeup/mascara/lashblast-volumizing-mascara
www.annabelle.ca/en/kohl-eyeliner/
www.annabelle.ca/en/products/eyes/eyebrow-liner?gclid=CIew9v7K17gCFaZaMgodllEASw



No comments:

Post a Comment