Sunday, July 28, 2013

What's a girl to do?

So a few weeks back I found myself on my own.  Probably the first time in, well, forever.
So I ask you...what's else was I supposed to do except eat all the things I shouldn't.

First because no one was around to ask me "mom, is that on your diet?"

Second, because I didn't have to share (coz mama didn't raise no fool!)

So I baked MYSELF a chocolate cake and I watched TV the entire weekend.   It was fabulous.

For those who don't know me.  I don't watch TV.  Well, I watch about 3 shows, but that's it!  This was a treat.

Me and the Lazyboy were well acquainted by Sunday.

So first on the list was the chocolate cake.

Since January I have been following a strict diet of no dairy, no sugar, no gluten, and no processed foods.

I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course) and it comes close to being perfect except the sugar in the chocolate ....but, oh well....into everyone's life a little sugar must fall!



Flourless Chocolate Cake

Recipe courtesy of http://eat-love-and-be-happy.com

8 eggs
11 oz chocolate (at least 50% cocoa, I used 75%)
1 tbsp vanilla/2 tbsp rum (I used rum)
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 F)
Melt chocolate and salt over a bain marie
Separate egg whites from yolks.  Beat yolks, then add slightly cooled melted chocolate, rum or vanilla and stir.
Beat egg whites then, carefully incorporate them in the chocolate mixture
Line a cake pan with baking paper (I used a spring form pan so not necessary, but did spray with cooking spray just in case)
Pour in mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cake's surface is firm to touch but still soft.
After cooling, place in the fridge for several hours.

Serve drizzled with warm caramel and whipped coconut cream!

Perfect for a girl's night in.

Oh and I had my cake and ate it too as I sat and watched Under the Tuscan Sun.  One of my favorites.

Dreaming of one day stumbling upon a Tuscan villa, while eating chocolate cake, what's not to love.

My first weekend without my kids turned out to be not so bad afterall.

Mom's need a little indulgence every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment