Saturday, May 8, 2010

A big thank you to everyone who made my day a special one yesterday. I actually had a really great day. Lots of birthday wishes from old friends, a telephone chat with my gorgeous brother, a bottle of Prosecco and a chocolate cake. Life is good!

I have spent that last few years wondering if there is more to life than the one I have been living. I have been feeling very unsettled in my career and in the rest of my life. Yesterday I woke up and thought, this is it! This is the life! The life I am responsible for. The life that I must start living. I have to stop "what if" ing....every part of it. I have to stop waiting around for something great to happen and just realize that everyday something great does happens. It maybe small things like the sound of rain on my window, being handed a bunch of dandelions out of my garden, or having my morning coffee. These are the things that truly make life great. Oh and waffles! They were on the menu this morning, with strawberries and whipped cream, of course!

What makes your life great?

Here's the recipe for super easy, especially yummy Waffles. Enjoy!

Waffles

Prep: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 Waffles

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbps baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup cooking oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients. Set aside

In another bowl mix the wet ingredients.

Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add the egg mixture.

Stir only until moistened. Do not over mix, it should be lumpy.

Pre heat a waffle iron and pour 1 to 1 1/2 cups of batter onto the grid of the waffle iron.

Serve warm with your favorite toppings.





No comments:

Post a Comment