Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I don't have long to chat. The Canucks are playing what could be their final game of the season. I am feeling optimistic though, and will be hoping for game 7.

I did want to pass on a little bit of information regarding 2 movies we saw this past weekend. I will call this post, "Before You Waste Your Money".

Saturday night Merv and I went to see Date Night starring Steve Carell and Tina Fey. It did have a few funny moments, not as many as you would think....but the story is very far fetched and really reminded me of that 90's movie Adventures in Babysitting. I would say it is a rental. Sorry for those of you who think Tina Fey is hot (you know who you are!!!). Anyway, I would give this movie about 6 out of 10...because I did have a few laughs and the out takes at the end are worth sticking around for.

For Mother's Day we took the kids to see Furry Vengeance. I wouldn't even say this is rental. Since it was the only "G" rated movie playing, we had no choice. It stars Brendan Fraser and Brooke Shields. This consists of about 3 or 4 minutes of laughs, and lots of cute furry animals. The story is thought provoking regarding the environment, etc, etc...which my kids liked. My 5 year old really liked it, because of the animals. My 9 year old seemed bored.. All I was thinking was..."I can't believe I have spent $160 on 2 movie outings this weekend.....and all I have to show for it is this bag of dry popcorn"! My kids gave this a 5 out of 10.

So there you have it folks!

Tomorrow I will post my version of Starbucks Oat Fudge Bars....because nothing says "bliss" like an Oat Fudge Bar and tall non-fat latte!

Ok, back to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment